KOFASIL® DUO & KOFASIL® S
Biological Silage Additive for Improvement of Fermentation Quality and Reheating Control
The exclusive use of lactic acid-forming (homofermentative) bacterial products to improve fermentation quality has most widely prevailed in practice as an essential step in silage production. By means of inoculation with efficient lactic acid bacteria acidification speed is increased and thereby formation of harmful microorganism (such as clostridia and enterobacteria) is suppressed.
DM-losses are effectively reduced through an improved fermentation product spectrum (less butyric and acetic acid and more lactic acid). The resulting increase in the concentration of easily exploitable nutrients and their utilization leads to improved animal performance.
The disadvantage of using homofermentative lactic acid bacteria products is the fact that doing so has a negative impact on aerobic stability (reheating). This may result in large nutrient losses after opening the silos. This results in a reduced feed intake as well as a performance depression.
With the combination of homo- and heterofermentative lactic acid bacteria a new way has now been found to link the positive effects of both groups. Through this combination especially in the case of silages with a higher dry matter content the susceptibility to reheating is reduced while simultaneously ensuring high fermentation quality. Numerous experiments with a wide range of forage (grass, alfalfa, red clover, whole-crop cereals) show the double effect of KOFASIL DUO.
DESCRIPTION:KOFASIL® DUO & KOFASIL® S are bacterial inoculant preparation to improve fermentation, feeding value and aerobic stability of grass, legumes and arable silages.
KOFASIL® DUO Homofermentative Lactobacillus plantarum (DSM 3676, 3677) and Heterofermentative Lactobacillus buchneri (DSM 13573); minimum of 2.0x1011 cfu/g
KOFASIL® S Heterofermentative Lactobacillus buchneri (DSM 13573); minimum of 2.0x1011 cfu/g
KOFASIL® DUO is suitable for use in grass, legumes and arable forages to improve fermentation quality, feeding value and AEROBIC STABILITY.
KOFASIL® S is specially formulated for use in maize silage to help improve AEROBIC STABILITY.
Application rates of 0.5 - 2.0 l/t are recommended in order to achieve homogeneous distribution in the forage to be ensiled.
Suitable for use by Organic Farmers
Non-genetically modified bacteria (isolated from silage) can be used in organic farming under EU Regulation 2092/91 (and FiBL-list 2010).
For more technical information on KOFASIL and how to order, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. +44 7970876372.
Our services can be provided under a retainer contract or ad-hoc service.
Contract service provides an ongoing support on an annual retainer basis and it is ideal for budget control without having to consider payment every time you make contact or for farm consultancy. All the services outlined below will be provided under the contract service.
1. Superior range of unbiased cutting edge technical advice on all aspects of ruminant’s nutrition and fertility management.
2. Unlimited access to wealth of experience on silage additives, moist grain preservatives, bi-crops, self reliant animal feeding, antinutrients, rumen microbiology, minerals/vitamins, dry/ transition cow management (including CAB feeding), metabolic problems, mycotoxins, fertility, grazing management etc.
3. Formulation and/or modification of feeds for dairy cows, beef cattle and sheep using a novel feeding program that identifies the need of all stocks on the farm.
4. Feed and forage nutritional and mineral analysis
5. Mineral check and formulation that is specific to farm.
6. Forage and concentrate assessment
7. Audit of herd’s fertility status and where required, expert cutting edge advise on how best to improve herd’s fertility.
8. A comprehensive feeding and production cost plan for farmers with beef cattle and sheep.
9. A complete farm plan and profit monitor for dairy farms
10. A second opinion on new and existing product range etc.
Our Ad-hoc Services
Our ad-hoc services will allow you to supplement existing nutritional or other management support with a fully independent and unbiased assessment. This service is very useful if you want to do:
Charges for ad-hoc services are on as and when required, daily or hourly basis and it will allow you to use our services for a limited period of time without having to commit to a retainer contract.
Interested in seeing what we can do for you? Call or email us to start the conversation.
Email: email@example.com; Tel.:+44 7970876372